|CEOC permanent member|
CEOC International has 30 members from 20 countries, covering almost all of Europe. The Confederation is the voice of independent private, semi-private or governmental third party organisations, or associations of such organisations.
Inspection and certification organisations support sustainable development through their contribution to making products safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly.
CEOC International Mssion Statement
Promoting safety, quality and the environment through independent inspection, testing and certification
- Contribute to better regulation through participation in the work of EU institutions and bodies such as EA, Eurolab…
- Contribute to the sustainability of safety, competitiveness, the environment and consumer protection
- Facilitate the exchange of information between members and with EU and international bodies on technical matters
- Contribute to the standardisation work (CEN, ISO, ISO-CASCO)
- Promote the understanding of technical safety and quality matters
- Remove undue technical barriers to trade
- Establish industry best practice and guidance for safety inspection of plant, equipment and machinery and for the inspection of environmental measures
The criteria for membership are based upon internationally accepted standards and procedures for ccreditation, notification and certification. Member organisations must employ competent persons and be:
- legally identifiable
- financially independent
- independent from industries
- financially viable
and must be a Body
- Notified by a National Authority under a EC Directive
- or conforming to ISO 17020 type A
- or with a management system which conforms to a relevant ISO 9000 series standard.
THE INDEPENDENT SAFETY PROFESSIONALS