The personnel of Technická inšpekcia, a.s. shall be free from any commercial, financial and other pressures which might affect their judgement. Procedures shall be implemented to ensure that persons or organisations external to the inspection body cannot influence the results of inspections carried out. Inspectors carry out activities based on working guidelines of Technická inšpekcia, a.s. and according to instructions of the management of Technická inšpekcia, a.s. in charge.
Employees obligate in labour contract to act impartially and will abstain from any actions, which may endanger credit of the organisation activities.
Independence of Technická inšpekcia, a.s.
- Technická inšpekcia, a.s. is Notified Body 1354 and comply with independence conditions of Notified Body according to Decision No 768/2008/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council and according to requirements of Guideline issued by Slovak Office for Standards, Metrology and Testing.
- Technická inšpekcia, a.s. is authorized body SKTC-169 and comply with independence conditions of authorized body according to requirements of Guideline issued by Slovak Office for Standards, Metrology and Testing.
- Technická inšpekcia, a.s. is Certification Body for Products according to ISO/IEC 17065.
- Technická inšpekcia, a.s. is Certification Body for certification of Management Systems according to ISO/IEC 17021-1.
- Technická inšpekcia, a.s. is Certification Body for certification of Persons according to ISO/IEC 17024.
Measures for application and sustenance of impartiality, integrity and avoidance of pressure and influence on inspector of Technická inšpekcia, a.s. by applicants for Technická inšpekcia, a.s. services.
- Inspector is obliged to work in proper and conscientious way, fulfil instructions of the management in charge, observe the principles of co-operation with other employees, and fully explore working hours, to professionally, time-saving and in time fulfil working tasks and he or she shall act in manner not contradictory to legitimate interests of Technická inšpekcia, a.s..
- Inspector shall to act impartially and abstain from any actions, which may endanger the credibility of impartiality of action.
- Inspector shall abstain from any actions which may lead to conflict of interests, shall not misuse information obtained during work for his/her own benefit or benefit of other persons. Inspector shall not be member of management and/or controlling organs of legal and physical persons performing entrepreneur activities. Inspector may perform entrepreneur activities only prior to written agreement of employer (master labour agreement in appendix of the Guideline for employment, training and examinations and personnel rating of Technická inšpekcia, a.s. employees). Acceptance for activities, which may be in contradiction with independence, shall not be issued.
Inspector is obliged:
- to settle allocated documents in order and dead-lines as they were allocated. The change of order in settlement is approved only by Director of Regional Office and/or by Chief Inspector having in regard work rationalisation (especially travelling reasons)
- to inform direct superior immediately after ascertainment of direct pressure in connection with inspection performance
- to deliver issued documents (expert standpoints, certificates, inspection reports, inspection certificates) to applicant primary by mail, in case of express request of applicant hand over the documents by mail office room (not by inspector)
- in case of insufficiently prepared equipment (incomplete equipment, not finished assembly) for official test to discontinue the inspection performance (nullified inspection performance)
- to not perform lecture activity in organisations, where he or she perform inspection activity
- to pass the offer from applicant for “business” lunches, dinners and other meetings (except for negotiations according ISO/IEC 17020)
- to reject money and other material benefits for inspection activity
- to not perform lecture activity via organisations not authorised for training, education and advisory
- to keep forbiddance of other work activity without permission of employer.
- will no permit secondary activity for entrepreneur subjects dealing with activities which are subject of inspection
- will forbid to realise negotiations where exist suspicion, that inspector could be faced with commercial, financial or other pressure
- do not make possible to issue direct instructions to inspectors of Technická inšpekcia, a.s. from superior authority or other authorities of state administration
- will ensure in issuance of internal regulations their compliance with quality policy of Technická inšpekcia, a.s. especially from point of view of independence and impartiality Technická inšpekcia, a.s. employee by random control of single cases look for deviations from prescribe procedures and check if they were not caused by external pressure on inspector.
- Integrity of inspectors is ensured during selection of new employees by means, that each candidate shall declare in written form that he or she has no criminal records. According to Work Code there are definitions of serious breaches of work discipline for which is possible to immediately terminate labour relationship according to § 63 of Labour Code.