Directive 2014/34/EU on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres
This Directive shall apply to the following, hereinafter referred to as ‘products’:
- equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres
- safety devices, controlling devices and regulating devices intended for use outside potentially explosive atmospheres but required for or contributing to the safe functioning of equipment and protective systems with respect to the risks of explosion
- components intended to be incorporated into equipment and protective systems referred to in point (a).
Technická inšpekcia, a. s., as Notify Body No. 1354 for ATEX directive 2014/34/EU on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres have notification and for next scope:
- MODULE B: EU-TYPE EXAMINATION (Annex III of Directive) -examination of the technical documentation of product, tests specimens of product, issuing EU-type examination certificate
- MODULE D: CONFORMITY TO TYPE BASED ON QUALITY ASSURANCE OF THE PRODUCTION PROCESS (Annex IV of Directive) - approving quality system for production, final product inspection and testing of the products, periodic surveillance audit and issuing production quality assurance notification for manufacturer
- MODULE F: CONFORMITY TO TYPE BASED ON PRODUCT VERIFICATION (Annex V of Directive) - Verification of conformity by examination and testing of every product with the approved type described in the EU-type examination certificate, issuing certificate of conformity
- MODULE C1: CONFORMITY TO TYPE BASED ON INTERNAL PRODUCTION CONTROL PLUS SUPERVISED PRODUCT TESTING (Annex VI of Directive) - For each individual product manufactured one or more tests on one or more specific aspects of the product shall be carried out by the manufacturer or on his behalf, in order to verify conformity with the type described in the EU- type examination certificate and with the corresponding requirements of this Directive. The tests shall be carried out under the responsibility of a notified body, chosen by the manufacturer
- MODULE E: CONFORMITY TO TYPE BASED ON PRODUCT QUALITY ASSURANCE (Annex VII of Directive) - approving quality system for final product inspection and testing of the products, periodic surveillance audit and issuing product quality assurance notification for manufacturer
- MODULE A: INTERNAL PRODUCTION CONTROL (Annex VIII of Directive) – Notify Body only received and stored technical file of documentation prepared according Annex VIII Article 2 by manufacturer for nonelectrical equipment according to the Article 13.1(b) (ii) of Directive. Notify Body issue only acknowledgement of receipt of it, not assess this documentation
- MODULE G: CONFORMITY BASED ON UNIT VERIFICATION (Annex IX of Directive) - Notify Body carry out verification of conformity by examination and testing of every product and issuing certificate of conformity.