Directive 2014/29/EU on simple pressure vessels (SPVD)
SCOPE – simple pressure vessels manufactured in series
For the purposes of this Directive the following definition applies:
- ‘simple pressure vessel’ – welded vessel intended to contain air or nitrogen subjected to internal pressure above 0,5 bar (gauge pressure) and not intended to be fired; vessel is produced from non-alloy steel or aluminium or aluminium alloy; vessel consists of cylindrical part of circular cross-section closed by outwardly dished and/or flat ends which revolve around the same axis as the cylindrical part or two dished ends revolving around same axis
- ‘series manufacture” means if more than one vessel of the same type is manufactured during a given period by a continuous manufacturing process, in accordance with a common design and using the same manufacturing processes
Technická inšpekcia, a. s., (Notify Body No. 1354) performs conformity assessment according to the following procedures:
- MODULE B: EU-TYPE EXAMINATION
- MODULE C: CONFORMITY TO TYPE BASED ON INTERNAL PRODUCTION CONTROL
- MODULE C1: CONFORMITY TO TYPE BASED ON INTERNAL PRODUCTION CONTROL PLUS SUPERVISED VESSEL TESTING
- MODULE C2: CONFORMITY TO TYPE BASED ON INTERNAL PRODUCTION CONTROL PLUS SUPERVISED VESSEL CHECKS AT RANDOM INTERVALS
Technická inšpekcia, a. s., (Notify Body No. 1354) performs also qualification of welders and approval of welding processes.
Technická inšpekcia, a. s. in position as accredited independent inspection body can assist manufacturer with MODULE A in the form of voluntary certification of equipment, technical file and/or procedures.
Simple pressure vessel Directive :
Harmonised standards for SPVD: